Date:      Thu, 17 Mar 2005 02:07:07 +0100
From:      Emanuel Strobl <emanuel.strobl@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, Daniel Bye <freebsd-questions@slightlystrange.org>
Subject:   Re: Serial console

--nextPart74068833.muEhAGYVbe

Am Dienstag, 15. M=E4rz 2005 12:37 schrieb Daniel Bye:
[...]
> The machine boots - you see the BIOS POST, the SATA controller comes up,
> then you see FreeBSD's boot messages on the console.  As soon as the
> kernel launches, we get the login: prompt and then nothing.  So, we know
> the hardware works; the problem is something I am doing with the kernel
> config.  As I said, this setup is the same as a machine running the same
> hardware, that is known to be working.

If I understand it correctly you see the kernel probing, any you also see t=
hat=20
a getty gets started at ttyd0 but you can't type (and see the echo) anythin=
g,=20
right?

Maybe it's your terminal connection (null-modem I guess).
Make sure to measure 0Ohm between pin 1 and 6 (DSR-DCD) on the DTE (compute=
r).
That's my only guess. Everything elese seems to be fine...

=2DHarry