Date:      Thu, 20 Feb 2003 19:47:47 -0600
From:      Gene Harris <geneh@tetronsoftware.com>
To:        Munehiro Matsuda <haro@kgt.co.jp>
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   HOTSPOT Patch Failing

Matsuda-san,

I've applied the patch per your instructions, but I receive the following
error after issuing the command:

make WITH_HOTSPOT=compiler2 -DWITH_NATIVE_THREADS install

The error is:

Patching file j2sdk1.3.1/src/solaris/native/sun/awt/robot_common.c using Plan
A...
Hunk #1 succeeded at 148.
done
===>  Applying FreeBSD patches for jdk-1.3.1p8
# Apply patch to avoid sanityck failing due to excessive warnings
# produced by HotSpot vm for NATIVE_BOOTSTRAP case
cd /usr/ports/java/jdk13/work/j2sdk1.3.1/make &&  /usr/bin/patch <
/usr/ports/java/jdk13/files/hotspot-native_bootstrap_fix
cannot open /usr/ports/java/jdk13/files/hotspot-native_bootstrap_fix: no such
file
*** Error code 2

The only file in that directory is:
patch-common::Defs-bsd.gmk

I have NATIVE_BOOTSTRAP=yes in my make.conf file.  Should I be using the linux
jdk to bootstrap?

I have performed a make clean and restarted twice with the original jdk13
files, but I always receive this error.  Any help on what I am doing wrong
would be appreciated.

Gene