Date:      Wed, 6 Mar 2002 18:02:36 -0800 (PST)
From:      Bsd Neophyte <bsdneophyte@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   question about the 'find' command

my unix text talks about the 'find' command... it further goes to talk
about an "action" used with the find command.

I am completely confused as to what the {} do with the find comand.

the explanation is this: "A set of braces, {}, delimits where the file
name is passed to the command from the prceding expressions."

Now what does this mean?  It makes no sense to me.

an example they give is the following:

$ find ~ -name core -exec rm {} \;