Date:      Fri, 6 Jul 2001 09:26:30 -0500 (CDT)
From:      mark tinguely <tinguely@web.cs.ndsu.NoDak.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, wiku@man.poznan.pl
Cc:        freebsd-atm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FORE PCA200E + IPv6 PVC

>  how to create PVC for native IPv6 traffic? I use FreeBSD 4.3 and Fore
>  PCA200E ATM NIC. I have no problem if I create PVC for IPv4 traffic (using
>  atm command).

FreeBSD uses the HARP ATM stack. HARP implements the IETF's Classical IP
over ATM. This implementation is IPv4 only. I have not read the RFC lately
and I do not recall IPv6 extensions to Classical IP over ATM. No one has
implememented LANE on FreeBSD which would be protocol transparent.

By the way, ATM questions are better answered on the freebsd-atm mailing list.
I forwarded this reply to that group.

--mark tinguely.