Date:      Sat, 13 Mar 1999 16:15:58 -0600
From:      "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy@visi.com>
To:        "Wai Chan" <wai@aloha.net>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: HP-7200 CDRW on FreeBSD 3.0

You need to choose the acd0 device INSTEAD of the wcd0 device in the kernel
config.

Recompile the kernel.

Required ports:
	sysutils/mkisofs - this will create the cdimage.  See the manpage.
	misc/team	     - this is used to buffer the data stream - handled in the
scripts below

In /dev link the cd device to the rworm0 device.  If you are using a newer
3.1-STABLE then you should have a /dev/racd0c device or some such.
Otherwise, use the /dev/rwcd0c device like so:

ln -s /dev/racd0c /dev/rworm0

Use the scripts in /usr/share/examples/worm to burn you cd.  I usually use
mkisofs myself instead of using the script and then I use the burncd script
to actually burn the CD.

If you want to erase a previously recorded CD-RW, then you can:
	wormcontrol blank

Much of this is described in detail at http://www.freebsd.org.  So I would
like to you to redirect any future questions to the website if possible.

Tom Veldhouse
veldy@visi.com