Date:      Thu, 4 Oct 2001 19:23:30 -0400
From:      Zach Hartley <zhartley@linus.highpoint.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Resetting net counters in daily run output

Are you talking about counters from ipfw? If memory serves me, you can
start the numbers over for ipfw with 'ipfw zero'. HTH

Zach

Around Thu, Oct 04, 2001 at 05:10:49PM -0500, mcbrune thus spake the following:
> The only way to reset the counters (that I know about) is to reboot. The kernel keeps these counters, and unless the numbers grow so large to roll over, they will not decrement.
>

> Corey
> >
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > Is there a way to reset the net counters shown in daily run output?
> >
> > I manage several systems and read their daily run output every morning.
> > Since I read several messages at once, the numbers are meaningless as
> > absolute values.  If they were reset every day on reading, the relative
> > values shown would make more sense.
> >
> > Ciao,
> > Sheldon.

Zachary Todd Hartley
"Attempted murder. Now honestly, what is that?
Do they give a Nobel Prize for attempted chemistry?"
	--Sideshow Bob