Date:      Sat, 07 Dec 2002 21:37:42 +0100
From:      Jens Rehsack <rehsack@liwing.de>
To:        mike <mike@unixhideout.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Silly cvsup question.

mike wrote:
> Hello. i use cvsup to backup certain critical folders on the machine labs,
> to the machine labs2 automatically every night. My question is this. If i
> add new stuff to say, /home/mike (or wherever) then that gets mirrored at
> night and everything does its job as i want it to. However, if i DELETE
> something from /home/mike (or whereever) It never gets deleted from labs2.
> So its not "synching" correctly. For example i just went to zip -r
> cvsup-backup cvsup-backup on labs2, so i can pull it to XP and burn it,
> and i realized it had my library still in there which i deleted months
> ago. Any help on this is appreciated, and no need to CC me, as my website
> mirrors your archives and they will soon span across multiple pages as
> well as be searchable.

I do not know how to do it using cvsup, but if you use a simple
cvs-repository, it will work fine if you do a "cvs up" on your backup
machine (regular check in preconditioned). But if you use cvs, it may
have much more sense to backup the entire repository, because you have
all made changes available after a restore.

Jens
--
L     i  W     W     W  i                 Jens Rehsack
L        W     W     W