Date:      Mon, 08 Nov 1999 12:49:52 GMT
From:      "Richard Oyh" <richardoyh@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Berkeley Packet Filter

Hi all,

I am having some problem with the Berkeley Packet Filter. I was trying to
get nmap (which was mentioned in the FreeBSD Security How-To)to work. I have
made changes to the kernel by including the following:

    pseudo-device bpfilter 4
    options       PPP_FILTER

I have also created the 4 device in /dev (bpf0 -3). However, when I run the
new kernel, nmap still prompt me to compile the kernel with bpf. Is there
something that I have not done? Thanks.

Regards
Just another one of those Newbie