Date:      Fri, 04 Aug 2000 21:17:29 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@urx.com>
To:        "Mark A. Hummel" <mhumm@ispchannel.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: I need a FBSD guru

"Mark A. Hummel" wrote:

> I'd really appreciate it if someone would analyze my dmesg (FreeBSD 4.0
> STABLE) and let me know if anything looks odd or what changes I should
> make.
>
> I'm preparing to increase the size of my BSD HD partition and since I'm
> already wiping BSD, upgrade to 4.1 STABLE.  Before I do, I want to make
> sure my current kernel (MARK1) is as good as it can be.  By doing it
> this way, I'm hoping that this newbie (that would be me) will have this
> kernel as a template to configure and compile the new one.  Here are my
> issues:
>
> - I'm curious about the config> di statements and the "No such device"
> comments that follow.  What exactly are all of those di xxx items being
> configured?

You disabled them when you did the original install. Generic has the
drivers and your kernel doesn't. If they bother you get rid of them in
/boot/kernel.conf. I still have psm and a q in mine.

I don't know anything about a "Lexmark 5700" printer and so I can't
comment on it. I don't have my two HP's configured for my non-Windows
systems.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA

mailto:kbstew99@hotmail.com

Bomber dropping fire retardant in front of Hanford Wild fire.
http://kstewart.urx.com/kstewart/bomber.jpg