Date:      Sun, 10 Dec 2000 21:14:33 -0700
From:      Joseph Maciulla <maciulla@primenet.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Hello, I attempted to install FreeBSD today...

and was succesful to an extent.  I prevouisly had FBSD on this computer but
I accidently formated it, thus i am attempting to reinstall it and when I
do the files install and such but then when it boots back up(after
compiling the kernel and such) it says that the device ad0s1a is not
configured and then it says to manually run FSCK then it tosses me into a
read only shell.  Now... how am I suppose to fix this?  I run FSCK and it
says it can't find ad0s1a or ad0s1e or ad0s1f.  Now I believe this to be a
common problem because i logged into #freebsdhelp (on efnet) and asked, but
i was disconnected and haven't been able to log back on.  Anyways someone
there knew EXACTLY what was happening.. but i was disconnected so i don't
know if there is a fix.  Please assist me,

Thankfully,

Danny