Date:      Sun, 8 Jul 2007 22:30:41 +0200 (CEST)
From:      "Gelsema, P \(Patrick\)" <gelsemap@superhero.nl>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   updating from I386 architecture to AMD64 on -Current

Hi lists,

I had tp reinstall my AMD box and the only version available was the
-Current snapshot of April architecture I386. Wouldnt be a problem I
thought, just install I386 and rebuild world/kernel for AMD64.

So I did the following for crossbuilds.

#chflags -R noschg /usr/obj
#rm -rf /usr/obj
#cd /usr/src
#make cleandir
#make cleandir
#make TARGET=amd64 TARGET_ARCH=amd64 -j8 buildworld
#make TARGET=amd64 TARGET_ARCH=amd64 -j8 buildkernel

Until that moment everything is looking great. When I try to install the
world/kernel however the 'problem' starts.

hulk# make TARGET=amd64 TARGET_ARCH=amd64 -j8 installkernel
ERROR: Please set DESTDIR!
*** Error code 1
1 error
*** Error code 2
1 error

Can someone point the obvious out for me, cause it seems that I am missing
something really simple...

Thanks

Patrick