Date:      Sat, 13 Mar 1999 17:48:37 -0500
From:      Malartre <malartre@aei.ca>
To:        Noah <noah@oopz.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re:

> Noah wrote:
>
> I am new to freebsd, but I a machine set up now.  I want to have
> people to be able to telnet into my machine.  This works fine.  I want
> to display a message before the login prompt, similiar to some ISPs.
> Is there a file I need to edit?  If so which one.  I was told
> /etc/issue, but that does not exist on my system.
>
> when I telnet into this machine I get the following:
>
> FreeBSD/i386 (hostname) (ttyv0)
>
> login:
>
> I want to change this to say something else before the login prompt.
> Please
> let me know.
>
> E-mail is better than posting if possible
>
> noah@oopz.com
>
> I also would like to remove the copyright info that is displayed after
> the usedr logs in.  I mean not have the copyright info displayed.
>
> How can I do this
>
> Thanks
> Noah Davidson
Hi
1) You should not send messages in HTML, since many people cannot read
them.
2) You should put a subject to your mail.
3) Edit /etc/gettytab for the message before the login prompt and find
that line:
default:\
	somethingFreeBSDsomething
4) Edit /etc/motd for the message after the login prompt.
Thank You
--
[Malartre][malartre@aei.ca][French piss me off! - Cartman, South Park]
[The FreeBSD User Guide][http://www.aei.ca/~malartre/freebsd/]