Date:      07 Dec 2002 13:06:52 -0800
From:      swear@attbi.com (Gary W. Swearingen)
To:        Rick Hamell <hamellr@heorot.1nova.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Does FreeBSD work on Walmart's $199 Microtel box?

Rick Hamell <hamellr@heorot.1nova.com> writes:

> 	I recall seeing an article where Walmart was loading Lindows on
> their machines... is that still happening?

I don't know about that, but from http://www.lycoris.com/ :

   Now you can buy
   pre-installed Desktop/LX
   Certified PCs from
   WalMart.com starting at
   just $199.86!

I wonder about the odd OS name.  The company name seems to be "Lycoris"
and the web site claims that trademark to be owned by Redmond Linux
Corp. and neither name is used as part of the OS name, AFAIK.  He's
speaking about it at Seattle's LUG (gslug.org) next Saturday.