Date:      Sun, 31 Mar 2002 13:27:06 -0800
From:      Benjamin Krueger <benjamin@macguire.net>
To:        Mustang1204@aol.com
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: UNIX

* Mustang1204@aol.com (Mustang1204@aol.com) [020331 12:44]:
> HEY WHAT UP I AM A SUDENT STILL IN HIGH SCHOOL. AND I HAVE SOME EXPERENCE IN
> THE COMPUTER FELD BUT NOT TO MICH. BUT MY QUESTION IS I HAVE A 233 MGZ
> COMPUTER WITH RIGHT NOW ONE HARD DRIVE WICH HAS WINDOWS 98 I WANT TO KEEP
> WIDOWS 98 AND GET A SCOND DRIVE FOR FOR UNIX IS IT POSSIBLE AND HOW.

Dear Mustang1204,

I should first ask that you not type in all capital letters. It is difficult
to read, and considered rude on the internet. Please refer to the following
pages for more information on Netiquette.

http://www.dtcc.edu/cs/rfc1855.html#3

You can find a plethora of information about FreeBSD on the official website:

http://www.FreeBSD.org

Also included on the website is a section dedicated to pointing out valuable
resources for new folks, such as yourself:

http://www.FreeBSD.org/projects/newbies.html

It is indeed possible to install FreeBSD on a second hard drive, and still
maintain your Windows 98 system. You should familiarize yourself with the
FreeBSD documentation before you attempt this. Please make note to gloss over
the FreeBSD handbook before making a final decision.

Regards,

--
Benjamin Krueger

"Life is far too important a thing ever to talk seriously about."
- Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900)