Date:      Wed, 15 Aug 2012 12:08:54 +0400
From:      Lev Serebryakov <lev@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CURRENT as gateway on not-so-fast hardware: where is a bottlneck?

Hello, Adrian.
You wrote 15 =E0=E2=E3=F3=F1=F2=E0 2012 =E3., 2:20:48:

AC> Would you be willing to compile a kernel with KTR so you can capture
AC> some KTR scheduler dumps?

AC> That way the scheduler peeps can feed this into schedgraph.py (and you
AC> can too!) to figure out what's going on.

AC> Maybe things aren't being scheduled correctly and the added latency is
AC> killing performance?
  I'll  try  this.  Also I've found, that I turned POLLING on (and set
 HZ=3D1000) a long time ago and forgot about it. I'll try with more
 standard config and try 4BSD too, as now I have much more problems
 with router freezes that with low speed.

--=20
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev@FreeBSD.org>