Date:      Fri, 25 May 2001 12:50:19 +0100
From:      "Michael A. Smith" <msmith@code-fu.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   SoundMAX Intergated Digital Audio

I've got a Sony Vaio PCG-FX101 (no-frills laptop) running WinME and
FreeBSD4.3. I'm trying to get sound working in FreeBSD. The info from WinME
tells me that the sound system is an integrated one from Analog Devices,
Inc. (SoundMAX Intergated Digital Audio). Their website tells of a system
that's neither PCI of ISA, but more closely integrated with the CPU. Here's
the not-too-technical FAQ:

http://www.analog.com/industry/pc_pavilion/audio/marketing/IDA.html

I've tried many different pcm combinations without success -- I think the
integrated audio is a different beast that the traditional PCI/ISA soundcard.

Has anyone gotten something like this working?

Thanks!!

--
  "When a man is tired of London he is tired of life; for there
   is in London all that life can afford." -- Samuel Johnson