Date:      Fri, 18 May 2001 05:33:41 -0700
From:      Drew Tomlinson <drewt@writeme.com>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions (E-mail)" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   How to Make a Boot Floppy?

Can someone point me to a tutorial on creating a 4.3 boot floppy?
Specifically, I want to boot from a floppy and be able to run disklabel
from the same floppy to edit the partition table on my hard drive that
includes my /usr partition.  I've tried doing this from a hard drive
boot, even from single user mode, but the problem is that disklabel uses
vi to edit the label.  vi and it's required libraries are on /usr and I
can't edit the partition while it's mounted.  And when it's not mounted,
disklabel doesn't work because vi doesn't work.

Or if anyone has any better ideas, I'm all ears.

Thanks,

Drew