Date:      Wed, 13 Mar 2002 08:46:36 -0800
From:      "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Udo Erdelhoff <ue@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/release/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/hardware/alpha proc-alpha.sgml

If memory serves me right, Udo Erdelhoff wrote:
> ue          2002/03/13 07:29:52 PST
>
>   Modified files:
>     release/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/hardware/alpha proc-alpha.sgml
>   Log:
>   SGML fixes, part2: block elements like lists do not belong into inline
>   elements like paragraphs

First...SGML fixes are a Good Thing (TM).

Is there a reference for this particular change?  According to the FDP
Primer, <para></para> is a block element too.  This is not a challenge,
but a request for education.  :-)

Assuming this is a required change, are you planning to apply it to
other parts of the hardware list as well?  If so, we should discuss this
first.  Due to the way we currently use the arch= attribute, applying
your change everywhere will mean we need to make two edits (instead of
one) to enable or disable inclusion of a driver for a particular
architecture's hardware list.  I'm concerned about the added potential
for error.

Thanks!

Bruce.