Date:      Fri, 13 Aug 1999 18:10:11 -0700
From:      notme <notme@lvdi.net>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   question on fork()

Hi,
    I know this question is not exactly appropreate for
this list, but I have no where to turn to...

When using the funciton fork(), in a c program if the
child process happen to interact with a user, and it
happens that more than one user (all using different
child process) access one piece of data (i.e, say it
is a binary tree) and modifying it, will the piece of
data get update simultanously? (i.e, say both users
are adding a node, seperately to this tree, will this
tree have 2 nodes added to it?)  Or is it even possible
to do so?

Sorry for the convuluted idea, I just got started
programming C in UNIX not long ago...

Thank you in advance

Frankie