Date:      Sat, 15 Jul 2000 15:26:38 -0700
From:      Emmanuel Gravel <egravel@earthlink.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Other problems compiling kernel

That's fine if I want to follow the stable branch and update the whole
system. All I want to do is update my kernel to something more
appropriate
for my needs. I have 4.0-RELEASE right now. I know it's highly
recommended
to follow the stable branch but at this point that's not what I want to
do.
Has the ability to simply recompile the kernel been obscured so much in
this release?

Thanks!

Emmanuel