Date:      Tue, 11 Jan 2005 00:42:14 +0000
From:      Adrian Wontroba <aw1@stade.co.uk>
To:        "Ralf S. Engelschall" <rse@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-geom@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: [HOWTO] FreeBSD system disk mirroring with GEOM

On Mon, Jan 10, 2005 at 05:36:34PM +0100, Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:
> FYI: I've prepared a detailed step-by-step command list on how to
> establish a RAID-1 (mirror) for the system partitions with GEOM and
> gmirror(8). You can find the resulting HOWTO document under
> http://people.freebsd.org/~rse/mirror/

Looks good, but:

It doesn't render too well under Konquerer - the examples are smashed
into a single, very long, line vanishing off the right side of the
screen.

It is more legible with IE, where it just looses the left hand edge.

Shouldn't the examples start with "make sure the SECOND disk ..."?

Maybe there should be additional comments at tbe bsdlabel -e stage to
the effect that this is where you create your partitions, and that it is
a good idea to have worked out in advance how big they are to be?

Will this make its way into the handbook?

--
Adrian Wontroba