Date:      Wed, 6 Mar 2002 21:15:38 -0600
From:      "Mike Meyer" <mwm-dated-1015902938.5fae2a@mired.org>
To:        "Peter Brezny" <pbrezny@purplecat.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: getting hold of an older port version

Peter Brezny <pbrezny@purplecat.net> types:
> how can I get a hold of an older version of a port.
>
> Since using cvsup, i've overwritten my ports tree, and would like to be able
> to use an older port to do an install.
>
> Specifically mod_php4 using php 4.0.6 (yes I know it's vulnerable).
>
> There's got to be a way to extract it from the CVS repository, but I don't
> know how.

First, use the CVS web interface to find the date of the change that
moved it away from 4.0.6. Then put midnight of the night before in
your cvsup file on the date= line. See the cvsup man page for
details. There's probably a change you can make here to just get that
port, but I don't know it - I just update the whole thing, copy out
the one I want, and then put the rest back. Don't forget to delete the
"date" line from your supfile later.

	<mike