Date:      Fri, 09 Nov 2007 16:08:28 +0200
From:      Toomas Aas <toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee>
To:        freebsd-geom@freebsd.org
Subject:   BIO_FLUSH and BBWC

Hello!

Using FreeBSD 7.0-BETA2 I created some UFS+gjournal filesystems on IBM
ServeRAID 8k (aac) controller. When the filesystem is being mounted, I get

GEOM_JOURNAL: BIO_FLUSH not supported by aacd1s2

OK, so aac driver doesn't support BIO_FLUSH. Is my understanding correct
that BIO_FLUSH is the request that tells the controller to flush its cache,
or is it about flushing some other cache?

If it is controller cache that can't be flushed, then am I correct in
thinking that if my controller has battery-backed cache then this is
actually not a major concern?

Another message that I don't understand which happens when mounting the FS
is this:

WARNING: Expected rawoffset 0, found 514080

--
Toomas Aas