Date:      Fri, 13 Aug 1999 21:51:08 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Kenneth Wayne Culver <culverk@wam.umd.edu>
To:        "Brian W." <bri@sonicboom.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: how do I....?

> If you know where your inbox file is, goto setup, config, then inbox path,
> and put the path to your inbox path there.  Not sure if you need to include
> the name of the file or just its directory, but thats where it goes, if I
> correctly understood the question.

You misunderstood, my school uses AFS for everything. I know how to set my
INBOX PATH to the UNIX mail file on their systems. I don't want to
directly modify that though because of file locking and such. The way my
school has it set up, when you type pine, pine automagically moves the
contents of the INBOX to a file called mbox, and that's where the messages
are modified, thereby avoiding locking problems. I want to make pine do
the same thing on my system: move my mail from my mail spool (located on
AFS) to a file in my home directory called mbox.

Kenneth Culver