Date:      Wed, 6 Mar 2002 22:42:11 -0500
From:      "Matthew Emmerton" <matt@gsicomp.on.ca>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?Geir_R=E5ness?= <geir@dropzone.as>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: pppoe and so on ?

Add 'disable lqr' to your ppp.conf file.  What is happening is that you've
got LQR (link quality reporting) enabled and the remote machine isn't
properly handling these packets.  Since responses aren't being generated,
ppp thinks you've got a bad connection and drops the connection.  I've had
to do this for all of the PPPoE links that are managed by FreeBSD servers -
and have had no problems since!

--
Matt Emmerton