Date:      Thu, 14 Mar 2002 09:50:57 -0500 (EST)
From:      "jamgill@uu.net" <jamgill@UU.NET>
To:        Joe & Fhe Barbish <barbish@a1poweruser.com>
Cc:        FBSDQ <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: man pages to hmtl

I am missing something here ... why is it easier to convert the
manpage to HTML and read it in lynx than to use man(1) and reat it with
your PAGER of choice (usually less(1) by default these days)?

But, in aswer to your question, you could use the man.cgi that runs on
freebsd.org either via the internet or, if you are running a local
webserver, on your own machine.

--gill

On Thu, 14 Mar 2002, Joe & Fhe Barbish wrote:

> Is there some easy way to take man ppp and have it
> converted to hmtl and placed in a directory so I can
> use lynx from the command line to read it?
>
> Or maybe the correct question is, are the man pages
> also in hmtl format and where do they live?

--gill  | Tatu Ylonen, SSH 1.2.12 README:  "Beware that the most effective