Date:      Thu, 7 Jun 2001 19:06:38 +0200
From:      Alson van der Meulen <freebsd@alson.linuxfreak.nl>
To:        questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: ASUS A7V mobo

On Thu, Jun 07, 2001 at 02:07:12PM +0200, Jan Conrad wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we have several A7Vs here at our institute running at 900MHz.
>
> It had given us headaches over headaches.
> Over 1GHz the boards are reported to loose data, both on IDE and SCSI
hmm... only the cpu is 1ghz, i guess the front speed bus gets
overclocked, that way all your pci devices are overclocked, indeed an
easy way to get data loss...

> The shared interrupts are broken!!
disabling pnp os stuff in the bios helps a lot for me ;), no problem
after doing that

> The board is a total failure for production systems
hmm.. works great for me, but ymmv ;)

I've no problems with this mb, runs stable for half a year now...

Alson