Date:      Thu, 7 Jun 2001 13:20:46 -0400
From:      "Person, Roderick" <personrp@ccbh.com>
To:        "'questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   FreeBSD 4.2, X11 3.3.6 Freez ups.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C0EF76.30A4A5D0

I was wondering if anyone has had the problem of there machine totally
locking up and the only why to unlock is to turn the machine off.

It seems to me that it happens only in X.

If i run xscreensaver and let it go for over 2 hours, when I come back to
the machine it is frozen and i have to turn the machine off. Most of the
times i have done this i have been downloading something. The download works
fine though. My setup is a Pentium II 400, 98M ram running Freebsd 4.2 with
X11 3.3.6.

I upgraded to X 4.0.3 since I have a Savage 4 Agp, but I got looks of thread
problems and haven't got around to reinstalling to correct the thread
problems in 4.0.3.

Just wondering if anyone else was seeing the freeze ups.

Roderick P. Person
Programmer II
personrp@ccbh.com
http://www.ccbh.com

"It's like trying to get a monkey to do something a monkey can't do."
	-self

------_=_NextPart_001_01C0EF76.30A4A5D0

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2653.12">
<TITLE>FreeBSD 4.2, X11 3.3.6 Freez ups.</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I was wondering if anyone has had the problem of =
there machine totally locking up and the only why to unlock is to turn =
the machine off.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>It seems to me that it happens only in X.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>If i run xscreensaver and let it go for over 2 hours, =
when I come back to the machine it is frozen and i have to turn the =
machine off. Most of the times i have done this i have been downloading =
something. The download works fine though. My setup is a Pentium II =
400, 98M ram running Freebsd 4.2 with X11 3.3.6.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I upgraded to X 4.0.3 since I have a Savage 4 Agp, =
but I got looks of thread problems and haven't got around to =
reinstalling to correct the thread problems in 4.0.3.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Just wondering if anyone else was seeing the freeze =
ups.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Roderick P. Person</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Programmer II</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>personrp@ccbh.com</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2><A HREF=3D"http://www.ccbh.com" =
TARGET=3D"_blank">http://www.ccbh.com</A></FONT>;
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>&quot;It's like trying to get a monkey to do =
something a monkey can't do.&quot;</FONT>
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <FONT =
SIZE=3D2>-self</FONT>
</P>
<BR>

</BODY>