Date:      Sun, 30 Jul 2000 23:11:00 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Jerry Dunham <jdunham@fc.net>
To:        ben@freebsd.org (Ben Smithurst)
Cc:        freebsd-question@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: the best MUA

Ben Smithurst babbled:
> Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 23:02:13 +0100

> Neil Blakey-Milner wrote:
>
> > On Fri 2000-07-28 (09:45), Sam Carleton wrote:
> >> My main FreeBSD box is an island on the internet.  Island in the respect
> >> that there is no other computer on it's domain.com.  It is my
> >> web/dns/smtp server for the domain.  To read email I have been using
> >> Pine, but I was wondering if there are any better options out there?
> >> Any recomendations?
> >
> > Mutt is very nice.  /usr/ports/mail/mutt
>
> Seconded.  I used to use Pine, but I switched to Mutt very soon after I
> first tried it.

Thirded.  I switched to mutt from elm.  It's not perfect, but it's the
best I've tried.  Of course, once you've been forced to live with cc:Mail
for over a year ANY UNIX mailer looks pretty damn good.

--
Jerry Dunham                     FreeBSD             http://www.dunham.org
jdunham@fc.net               jerry@dunham.org            (512)335-0674 (H)

                             E Pluribus Unix