Date:      Tue, 28 May 1996 10:26:39 -0400 (EDT)
From:      John Capo <jc@irbs.com>
To:        scrappy@ki.net (Marc G. Fournier)
Cc:        gpalmer@freebsd.org, current@freebsd.org, wollman@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: snmp for FreeBSD...

Marc G. Fournier writes:
> On Tue, 28 May 1996, Gary Palmer wrote:
>
> > "Marc G. Fournier" wrote in message ID
> > <Pine.NEB.3.93.960527195129.11370A-100000@ki.net>:
> > > 	clean sources: ftp.ece.ucdavis.edu:/pub/snmp/ucd-snmp.tar.gz
> > > 	diff against: ftp.ki.net:/pub/users/scrappy/ucd-snmp.3.1-diffs.gz
> >
> > First impressions ... it doesn't work (properly). I couldn't get the
> > client s/w to work (perhaps I was driving it wrong, I'll look at that
> > later), so I used the tkined snmp interface to check out the snmpd.
> >
> 	The "No version" error?  I've found *where* the problem is,
> just can't figure out *why*...am looking into that one now, since I
> don't know tkined :(

I found that both of these if statements were being executed.
Compiling this module without -O fixed it. :-(

snmplib/snmp_api.c: 1007

    if (pdu->version == SNMP_DEFAULT_VERSION){
        pdu->version = session->version;
    }
    if (pdu->version == SNMP_DEFAULT_VERSION){
        fprintf(stderr, "No version specified\n");
        snmp_errno = SNMPERR_BAD_ADDRESS;
        return 0;
    }

John Capo                                                   jc@irbs.com
IRBS Engineering                       FreeBSD Servers and Workstations
(954) 792-9551                 Unix/Internet Consulting - ISP Solutions