Date:      Mon, 18 Aug 1997 12:20:01 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Mikael Karpberg <karpen@ocean.campus.luth.se>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: A bit off topic: GCC 2.8???

> I'm interested in using exceptions and other final standard C++ thingies,
> and I'm therefor waiting for g++ 2.8.x to show up. It's not in FreeBSD yet,
> but is it out there somewhere?

Check out the gnu newsgroups on Usenet.  Basically, the FSF is getting
beat up by some folks who think they should make a release, since
templates and exceptions are broken.  Even the Cygnus folks are
wondering why they don't make a release, since it makes their job harder
to synchronize up with the FSF codes.

Nate