Date:      Tue, 25 Aug 2009 09:56:56 +0900 (JST)
From:      Hiroki Sato <hrs@FreeBSD.org>
To:        dougb@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        freebsd-rc@FreeBSD.org, d@delphij.net
Subject:   Re: [RFC] script for binding ARP <-> IP pairs

----Security_Multipart(Tue_Aug_25_09_56_56_2009_980)--

Doug Barton <dougb@freebsd.org> wrote
  in <4A93351E.2020107@FreeBSD.org>:

do> Xin LI wrote:
do> > Any objections for the attached patch?  I'll commit this version if
do> > everybody is happy with it and then see if re@ would approve it for
do> > 8.0-RELEASE.
do>
do> Sorry if I wasn't clear before, but all of the rc.conf variables
do> should be prepended with static_arp_ (as opposed to just arp_). So
do> rather than arp_args you'd want static_arp_args. I realize you're not
do> using set_rcvar() but it's still a good idea to do that for
do> consistency's sake, as well as to make it easier for admins to sort
do> stuff, etc. Please make sure you change that in the man page as well.

 I agree with this.

do> Silly question that I'm sorry just occurred to me right now, have you
do> tested this with IPv6? :)

 IPv6 uses NDP (see ndp(8)), not ARP, so no consideration is needed
 for $static_arp_* variables at least.

-- Hiroki