Date:      Wed, 23 Apr 1997 22:03:48 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Josh Howard <obiwan@zeppelin.net>
To:        David Nugent <davidn@unique.usn.blaze.net.au>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Upgrading from 3.0-19970209-SNAP to -current

On 24-Apr-97 David Nugent wrote:
>FWIW, I'm seeing the same thing, on one machine out of 6 I run or
>manage that are -current. And its the only one I haven't got DDB
>enabled and where I don't have convenient physical access to the
>machine. :)  [ok, swapcore on!]
>
>I've been trying to reproduce the problem on the other machines,
>but be damned if I can even see a pattern. It is a very uncomplicated
>system P166/32mb RAM, 2 large EIDE drives, no X, just ppp dialin lines
>with a digiboard card. Anyone else wish to exchange notes?

Well, I was trying to find a link between Gary Clark's hardware/software and
mine, but there didn't seem to be one. I've got a 6x86-133, 64megs using IDE,
he was also using IDE, so, I would hate think this was some massive bug in the
IDE code. I'm running X, which you don't, so I guess that's ruled out. I've
used both pppd and ppp (figuring maybe one might have *something* to do with
it), but no difference. I'm at a loss. I'm downloading the SNAP source in case
I feel this is just getting too unstable to run at all.

---
Josh Howard (obiwan@zeppelin.net)
"Who cares if it doesn't do anything?  It was made with our new
Triple-Iso-Bifurcated-Krypton-Gate-MOS process ..."