Date:      Wed, 23 Jan 2002 20:04:24 +0100
From:      Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely8.cicely.de>
To:        Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>
Cc:        alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Is anybody actually able to netboot at the moment?

On Tue, Jan 22, 2002 at 01:03:53PM -0800, Peter Wemm wrote:
> Bernd Walter wrote:
> > I have one switch a hub and a FreeBSD router in between.
>
> Hmm.  can you be more specific?  Is your client box connected to the hub
> and then routing via the freebsd router?  The reason I ask is that freebsd
> may be more forgiving about packet construction.  I suspect the switch is
> detecting something wrong with the packets that libstand is generating and
> killing them before they make it out to the fabric.

netboot-client (AxpPCI33)
21040 based netcard
switch (converting 10Mbps to 100Mbps)
100Mbps repeaterhub.
21140 based netcard
FreeBSD-Router and DHCP Server (P5 i386-current 2001-11-06)
21140 based netcard
3Com 3c905B-TX
FreeBSD-Server for NFS-root and tftp (PC164 alpha-current 2002-01-02)

ticso@cicely.de         Usergroup           info@cosmo-project.de