Date:      Fri, 15 Dec 2000 17:09:24 -0700
From:      John Phillips <johnd@vanion.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Nvidia (Hercules 3D Prophet II GTS 64MB) Geforce 2 in X

	I just installed FreeBSD 4.2 and I installed Xfree86 3.3.3 (stupid me
knowing I was going to just compile Xfree 4.1, and install it, which I did)
and now I can not even execute the X server. When I run XF86Setup as root I
get a message that reads " not all of the documentation can be found, but
setup should still run fine", or something to that nature, I hit enter to
continue, then wait 5 seconds before I get dropped back to the prompt. I
have tried XF86config to no avail ether. When I execute startx it gives me
some error( I am not in front of the system right now) and dumps back to
the prompt with out changing the screen at all. Any ways my question is,
has anyone out there got X to work with the Nvidia (Hercules 3D Prophet II
GTS 64MB) Geforce 2? If so I would love to hear how.

Thanks in advance.