Date:      Sun, 02 Feb 2014 09:20:12 -0600
From:      Nathan Whitehorn <nwhitehorn@freebsd.org>
To:        =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22Wei=DF=2C_J=FCrgen=22?= <weiss@uni-mainz.de>, "freebsd-arm@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arm@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: status = "disabled"

On 02/02/14 05:55, Weiß, Jürgen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> it seems your recent changes (261351) discarded a call to fdt_is_enabled
> for devices on simplebus. So 'status = "disabled" ' does not work
> anymore in arm dts.
>
> Regards
>
> Juergen Weiss
>
> Juergen Weiss      |Universitaet Mainz, Zentrum fuer Datenverarbeitung,
> weiss@uni-mainz.de |55099 Mainz, Tel: +49(6131)39-26361, FAX: +49(6131)39-26407

That's actually required to make some hardware work ("disabled" may just
mean the clock is turned off and needs to be turned back on, which means
you absolutely do want that device probed). The device drivers
themselves, not the bus, should be checking this property and
interpreting it. If this has actually broken hardware, we could add a
temporary #ifdef __arm__ check to the simplebus tree-walker while the
relevant drivers get fixed up.
-Nathan