Date:      Mon, 29 Apr 2013 07:30:02 GMT
From:      paul koch <paul.koch137@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ports-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/154521: [ports] emulators/dynamips-devel receives nothing from real interface

The following reply was made to PR ports/154521; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: paul koch <paul.koch137@gmail.com>
To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org, melifaro@ipfw.ru
Subject: Re: ports/154521: [ports] emulators/dynamips-devel receives nothing
 from real interface
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 17:25:57 +1000

 --089e01175d4fc5a70104db7acb2a

 This patch appears to be broken.

 We have a dynamips / dynagen setup with 40 * Cisco 7200 routers.  The core
 router is configured to attach to our local real network using
 nio_gen_eth:re0.

 In this configuration, with the patch, huge amounts of duplicate packets
 are generated by dynamips flooding the local lan.

 With the gen_eth.c patch removed, all is good again, except you can't ping
 the dynamips routers from the host machine.

 Regards

 Paul.

 --089e01175d4fc5a70104db7acb2a

 e a dynamips / dynagen setup with 40 * Cisco 7200 routers. =A0The core rout=
 er is configured to attach to our local real network using nio_gen_eth:re0.=
 ts of duplicate packets are generated by dynamips flooding the local lan.</=
 s good again, except you can&#39;t ping the dynamips routers from the host =
 machine.</div>
 e>Paul.</div></div>

 --089e01175d4fc5a70104db7acb2a--