Date:      Fri, 22 Aug 2008 21:35:05 -0400
From:      Alexander Kabaev <kabaev@gmail.com>
To:        arch@freebsd.org
Cc:        kan@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Need a code review

--Sig_/LY35jMM_18gg9vFRUyS.xIL

On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 16:13:03 -0600 (MDT)
"M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com> wrote:

> Greetings,
>=20
> The FreeBSD/mips efforts are getting close.  We're down to 4 patches
> against the main tree, divided up among different programs: cc,
> binutils, libpam and the CDDL stuff for zfs.
>=20
> http://people.freebsd.org/~gonzo/mips2/binutils.diff
> http://people.freebsd.org/~gonzo/mips2/cc.diff
> http://people.freebsd.org/~gonzo/mips2/cddl.diff
> http://people.freebsd.org/~gonzo/mips2/libpam.diff
>=20
> If you have an interest in any of these area, or would like to provide
> feedback on the patches, now would be a good time to do so. :-)
>=20
> We'd like to commit these patches to the tree by the end of next week,
> if at all possible.  If you are a maintainer of this software, we'd
> especially like to get feedback from you on these patches.  If we
> don't hear back from you, we'll assume that you are fine with them :-)
>=20
> Warner

cc.diff part is OK, except that files we copy from vendor intact should
be marked as such. Ideally, by putting their pristine versions
in /vendor and branching into head/src/contrib/gcc.

Some comments in new FreeBSD files still claim they are for NetBSD/mips.

+#ifdef HANDLE_PRAGMA_PACK_PUSH_POP
+#undef HANDLE_PRAGMA_PACK_PUSH_POP
+#endif
 #define HANDLE_PRAGMA_PACK_PUSH_POP 1