Date:      Sat, 22 Feb 1997 14:47:50 -0600 (CST)
From:      Karl Denninger  <karl@Mcs.Net>
To:        toj@gorilla.net
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Thanks Core Team!

> Hi'all
>
> Great thanks to Bruce Evans and the core team for giving me back msun, hence
> vi etal. I'm, thankfully, now stuck at fsck, like everyone else!! :-<>
>
> My great problem started with the .endif snafu on the msun Makefile and ctm,
> as far as I can tell, allowed me to let the makefile get out of sync; no
> forcing the ctm. Do you think Paul has ever had this happen before?
>
> I don't mind a broken source tree as long as the break is where everyone else
> reports it :)

Fsck and fsdb, for openers.

Anything that knows about the ufs file structure is in trouble right now.

Are there a set of general "merge this" type of things I can work with on
this?  Getting the tree to at least a buildable state is kinda important,
as right now a "make world" doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of
success.

Is the general strategy to import wholesale the LITE2 versions of these
pieces of the "userland" code, or is a merge being attempted?

Karl Denninger (karl@MCS.Net)| MCSNet - The Finest Internet Connectivity
http://www.mcs.net/~karl     | T1's from $600 monthly to FULL DS-3 Service
			     | 99 Analog numbers, 77 ISDN, Web servers $75/mo
Voice: [+1 312 803-MCS1 x219]| Email to "info@mcs.net" WWW: http://www.mcs.net/
Fax:   [+1 312 803-4929]     | 2 FULL DS-3 Internet links; 400Mbps B/W Internal