Date:      Sun, 1 Oct 2000 18:28:38 -0400
From:      Peter Radcliffe <pir@pir.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Questions regarding pcmcia cards...

§mÅ¢k HéÅd <phrack_@hotmail.com> probably said:
> Just a few questions about pcmcia devices with freebsd on a gateway solo
> 1100 (crap) i've got a 3com megahertz 10/100 nic and also a Psion Dacom
> goldcard 56k Data + Fax modem also, i'm not sure if freebsd supports the 56k
> (i'm praying it does) but it should atleast support the 3com nic right? as

Most modem cards, as long as they are real modems not winmodems, are
supported.

The 3com network card depends if it's cardbus or not. Currently no
cardbus support in freebsd. I'ts being worked on.

> of now i'd like to know how would one know if freebsd (4.0) is acknowledging
> the presence of these devices?

You set up the pcmcia controller, set up pccard.conf and insert the card.
If it can use them, you'll get console messages saying so.

P.

--
pir                  pir@pir.net                    pir@net.tufts.edu