Date:      Wed, 21 Feb 2001 12:44:49 +0900
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To:        scanner@jurai.net
Cc:        Len Conrad <LConrad@Go2France.com>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Fwd: Re: Re: postfix: No buffer space available

scanner@jurai.net wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Feb 2001, Len Conrad wrote:
>
> > >kern.ipc.maxsockets = 5000
> > >kern.ipc.maxsockbuf = 524288
> > >
> > >But neither parameter takes effect.
>
>         If the sysctl's are read only that you want to change slap them in
> your /boot/loader.rc
>
> \ Increase MBUF's for purpose of testing Postfix under alot of connections.
> set kern.ipc.nmbclusters=65536
>
> That is what I have on mine to increase mbuf's. But I beat Postfix to
> death with benchmarks and testing it for the book. heh
> Also you can set the above to read only variables in /boot/loader.rc as
> well. Then they take effect after reboot. Maxfiles is what i usually hit
> first, then ipc.sockets. Mbuf's havent been a real problem :)

Let me take this opportunity to mention that the recommended way of
doing this is placing the following line in /boot/loader.conf:

kern.ipc.nmbclusters="65536"

instead of editing /boot/loader.rc directly.

--
Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)
dcs@newsguy.com

	"Too bad sentience isn't a marketable commodity."