Date:      Fri, 23 Feb 2001 07:37:13 +0800
From:      John Summerfield <summer@os2.ami.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ping: sendto: No Buffer Sapce available

gmiddl1@gl.umbc.edu said:
> This is the error i get when i try to ping a host on my network.  My
> bsdbox drops right off the face of the earth when i am telneted into
> it. I cannot make it happen it just happens at random times....it also
> happens when i use WEBMIN which i am sure some of you are familiar
> with....it is one of the ports.  Anywa all i have to do to bring it
> back up on the network is ifconfig down up and it works again.

> Can i downsize the MTU and solve this problem?  Someone mentioned
> NMBclusters at one time...whatever shall i do?

> Regards,

Interesting...

I got this self-same error on Linux the other day. It turned out the firewall
rules on the target host were cactus and it wasn't responding.

--
Cheers
John Summerfield

Microsoft's most solid OS: http://www.geocities.com/rcwoolley/

Note: mail delivered to me is deemed to be intended for me, for my disposition.