Date:      Sun, 19 May 2002 13:18:28 +0200
From:      Axel Scheepers <axel@axel.truedestiny.net>
To:        Daniel Barron <nettle@jadeb.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: After 170 days uptime, now reboots every few hours

On Sat, May 18, 2002 at 11:25:00PM +0000, Daniel Barron wrote:
> Back to the original question; what tools exist on FBSD to diagnose where
> the fault may lie (mb, hd, ram, cpu, etc)?
>
> --
> Daniel Barron
> (Visit http://dansguardian.org/ - True web content filtering for all)

Hi Daniel,

Although it will take some trouble the best way to debug it will be
to recompile the kernel with -g and enable the kernel debuuger.
Most of these small boards will have a serial interface so you can
hook up a debug terminal. Problem might be the hdd, since a debug kernel
is a bit bigger then normal, you might consider setting up a tfpt server
to make testing with it easy.
Then, whenever it hangs, you'll probably be able to do a backtrace to see
where things go wrong.

Gr,
--
Axel Scheepers