Date:      Sat, 15 Jul 2000 19:46:11 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chris Hill <chris@monochrome.org>
To:        Kevin Gross <kc144@sprynet.com>
Cc:        questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Running FreeBSD X applications from a networked WindowsNT

On Sat, 15 Jul 2000, Kevin Gross wrote:

> I've got two computers, one running FreeBSD 4 stable and the other running
> WindowsNT 4.0 sp6a.  They are connected via ethernet.  I would like to use
> X-WinPro 5.3 (an X server for Windows) to connect to my BSD box with the
> obvious purpose of running some x-windows programs in WindowsNT.

This sounds like a job for VNC. It's worked fine for me, though I
haven't tried this exact combination of platforms. See
http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/ for further details,
/usr/ports/net/vnc/ to install.

BTW, it's a bit slow over 10baseT; hopefully one day I'll see how it
does with 100baseTX.

HTH.

--
Chris Hill               chris@monochrome.org
[1]    Bus error                     netscape