Date:      Tue, 21 Oct 1997 03:50:28 +0100 (MET)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   How to deal with ERESTART ?

I am having a problem in dealing with ERESTART in the audio driver.
Right now I have a sequence like

        res = tsleep(..., PRIBIO | PCATCH , ..., timeout )
        if (res == EINTR || res = ERESTART)
            ... do the same thing, typically abort operations.

the aim was to make it easy for apps to gain control on the driver.
Catching ERESTART this way had some interesting side effects on some
applications which makes me thing that it is probably wrong to
assimilate ERESTART and EINTR ?

So my question is: when can i get ERESTART as a result from tsleep(),
and would it be better to just restart the tsleep in this case ?

        Cheers
        Luigi