Date:      Sat, 7 Oct 2000 19:34:50 +0300
From:      Odhiambo Washington <wash@iconnect.co.ke>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RELENG_3

honorable list members,
Sorry I have to generate a new msg everytime. Our reverse DNS is a bit
messed so I cannot post directly from my mailer which resides on a machine
whose reverse does not resolve - and postfix@freebsd.org dislikes such ;)

I had posted earlier a question on how to upgrade to 3.5.1-STABLE and I
got the response that I should have the tag RELENG_3. This is the default
tag in the stable-supfile and I have run cvsup 3 times, even today, but I
still get..

poeza: /usr/home/wash (4) % uname -a
FreeBSD poeza.iconnect.co.ke 3.5-STABLE FreeBSD 3.5-STABLE #6: Sat Oct  7
19:01:04 EAT 2000     root@:/usr/src/sys/compile/POEZA  i386

That makes me think that I maybe missing something. I really need to get
the box to 3.5.1-STABLE, especially in the light of the security
implications announced today.

My second problem, and which I also posted recently, is that after I
upgraded from 3.4-RELEASE to 3.5-STABLE, I simply could not run 'mt'.
I was getting the msg "/dev/rsa0 device not configured" . I'd like to
withdraw the question, even though I did get a response on it. After
rebuilding today things worked out...no more errors ;-)

Thank you all for the valuable advise.

--
Odhiambo Washington
Systems Administrator

For I dipped into the Future, far as human eye could see; saw the vision of
the world, and all the wonder that would be. -Alfred, Lord Tennyson