Date:      Wed, 25 Oct 2000 10:05:43 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        tlambert@primenet.com (Terry Lambert)
Cc:        babkin@bellatlantic.net (Sergey Babkin), tlambert@primenet.com (Terry Lambert), fengyue@bluerose.windmoon.nu (FengYue), freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   More UNIX trademark trivia

> The US-PTO search engine, Trademark Electronic Search System (TESS),
> appears to be dead right now; it's normally at:
>
>   <http://tess.uspto.gov/bin/gate.exe?f=login&p_lang=english&p_d=trmk>;
>
> The last time I searched there, it was still owned by USL and
> exclusively licensed.

It's back.  It shows the following:

sn 74433402 rn 1845474 UNIXWARE; owner: registered USL; assigned SCO
sn 73544900 rn 1392203 UNIX; owner: registered AT&T; assigned USL
sn 73537419 rn 1390593 UNIX; owner: registered AT&T; assigned USL

This doesn't include licensing, which, as I said before, is to
X/Open (per X/Open).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---