Date:      03 May 2001 11:24:36 +0200
From:      Peter Mutsaers <peter@mutsaers.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Linux JDK 1.3 and hotspot (native threads)

>> "Georg-W" =3D=3D Georg-W Koltermann <gwk@sgi.com> writes:

    Georg-W> I tried the patch and found it makes no difference.  The curre=
nt SUN
    Georg-W> JVM (1.3.0_02) gives the SIG11 as I indicated before.  The lat=
est IBM
    Georg-W> JVM (IBM build cx130-20010329) hangs around and eats up CPU ti=
me.  It
    Georg-W> mostly eats system time (usage is about 8% user, 91% system). =
    Georg-W> normal kill is ineffective, I have to send it a -9 in order to
    Georg-W> terminate.=20=20

Running SUn JVM 1.3.0_02 on Solaris 2.6 gives me exactly the same
error once in a while, but only (I think) when using with -server,
i.e. the hotspot server. This might well be a JVM problem, not a
problem of the Linux emulation.

--=20
Peter Mutsaers  |  D=FCbendorf    | UNIX - Live free or die
plm@gmx.li      |  Switzerland  | Sent via FreeBSD 4.3-stable