Date:      Wed, 5 Aug 1998 03:34:05 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        ckempf@enigami.com (Cory Kempf)
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Maelstrom problems

> I built the Mailstrom port, and tried to run it.  Maelstrom is not a
> happy camper:
>
> % Maelstrom
> X Error of failed request:  BadAccess (attempt to access private resource denied)
>   Major opcode of failed request:  129 (MIT-SHM)
>   Minor opcode of failed request:  3 (X_ShmPutImage)
>   Serial number of failed request:  96
>

> Anyone know what this means?

Generally, it means you haven't updated your kernel since the bogus
AF_UNIX UNIX domain socket/named pipe change was backed out.

If the problem goes away when you use "localhost:0.0" as your display
name, then that's definitely what it is...

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.