Date:      Wed, 27 Mar 2002 13:49:24 -0800
From:      Darryl Okahata <darrylo@soco.agilent.com>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, "Chad Kline" <i18rabbit@hotmail.com>
Subject:   Re: freebsd-hackers-digest V5 #429

"Chad Kline" <i18rabbit@hotmail.com> wrote:

> >		 * Olympus digital cameras (D-370)
> >		 */
> >		{T_DIRECT, SIP_MEDIA_REMOVABLE, "OLYMPUS", "D-*", "*"},
> >		/*quirks*/ DA_Q_NO_6_BYTE
>
> usbdevs -v reports:
>
> Controller /dev/usb0:
> addr 1: self powered, config 1, OHCI root hub(0x0000),
>         OPTi(0x0000), rev 0x0100 port 1
> addr 2: self powered, config 1, C-1 Digital Camera(0x0102),
>         Olympus(0x07b4), rev 0x1015 port 2 powered

     Two comments on the above quirk entry:

1. I'm pretty sure that the string comparisons are case-sensitive.
   "OLYMPUS" does not match "Olympus".

2. You appear to have a C-1 (etc.) camera, and so "D-*" will never match
   "C-1 Digital Camera".  Try "C-*", instead.

For USB hard disks, at least (which may also apply to cameras), you also
need to be running a pretty recent version of -STABLE; I'm pretty sure
that 4.5-RELEASE can't be used (which is what you're using).  I know
that a -STABLE of around mid-February will *NOT* work (which is what
makes me think that -RELEASE also doesn't work), and one as of March 19
does (but might have problems with the new ATA code).

--
	Darryl Okahata
	darrylo@soco.agilent.com